Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Anonymous Space People

She took her face off. There was nothing underneath, not even meat. A gaping whole into the fabric of reality itself. She sat her face on the bedside table, and moved in closer. I stared into the gaping hole, the most beautiful thing I've seen. Empty except for the stars. She embraced me, putting my face up to the empty hole where hers otherwise would have been. My head placed firmly into the hole, all I could see was the abyss. We sat there, crosslegged, on the bed, but all I could see was eternity. Galaxies spiralling, spinning, falling apart or growing cold and collapsing. I sat there for a hundred trillion years. Spiralling clouds of cosmic dust and wayward planets formed themselves into a face, and a hand, that reached out to me. A small, child hand, and it grew into a womans'. I looked down, and saw the fabric of the warp transforming itself into... me. I saw myself, in proportions which could not be humanly comprehended. But I was no longer human. There we were, sitting in space, our bodies bigger thanthe known universe. Moving faster than the speed of light, breathing space and sweating time. We embraced. It was like nothing ever before in the history of humanity. She held me close and we fell in love. She told me we`d be together forever, and we were, throughout eternity, until we collapsed into nothingness, a pure singularity. And with the big bang, we were scattered, our bodies mixed together, homogenous, everywhere. Forever. This was only the beginning. And the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home